© 2008 -- 2011 the Grandpa at The Word Mechanic. All rights reserved.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Get well, Braja

If you haven't heard, Braja from Lost and Found in India along with her husband and a taxi driver were seriously injured in a head on collision between the taxi she and her husband were riding in and a truck. The accident happened this past Thursday. You can find more details at Lady Fi's blog and regular updates here.

Braja is a beauiful presence on the blogosphere and has becomne a good friend to many of us. I know I go to her blog to read what she writes for its wit, wisdom, warmth, charm, and most important, its humanity. She sets a pefect example of how to be a friend for all of us. Please send her, her husband, and the driver your most positive thoughts. I know this is a difficult time for her. And I also know she would do no less for any of us.

10 comments:

  1. Well said, Grandpa.
    I have missed you!!

    Peace - Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with her... and I agree with Rene above, you have been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with Braja, but she and all who were injured will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    Yes, Grandpa, you have been missed in the bloggyhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandpa - I was catching up with Braja's blog on Friday -- and I read the post on karma first, and then her last post about leaving for her trip, and then discovered the news about her accident in the comments . . .and, well, it just gave me the shivers.

    There is something so indomitable about Braja -- and I feel that she will get through this and turn it into a colorful story -- but it has reminded me(once again) about how fragile and fleeting our lives are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Thank you, Rene, Marty, Willow. It's good to be missed. But better to be present. I miss spending time in the bloggyhood too. I try to get around when I can but I haven't been leaving many comments. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to it soon.

    BTW, Rene. First heard about Braja from your blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, Bee. It's a somber reminder. Leave it to Braja to look out for our spiritual consciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Grandpa!
    I was very happy to see that you had posted (Know you've been busy)
    and then SHOCKED by the news.

    Braja IS a special presence in the B-Sphere - you said it better than I would.

    I know hundreds of us are sending her prayer and positive thoughts.

    Some are coming YOUR way too...
    Aloha Grandpa & all of our fiends-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hear, hear, Grandpa. I hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You put it so well - especially the bit about Braja's humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cloudia, Aloha! Thank you for the good thoughts. I feel positive energy every timeyou visit here or I go to Comfort Spiral.

    Hi, Gran. I am reasonably well, thank you.

    Lady Fi, hi. Your post about Braja's accident was certainly a wonderful expression of the way so many of us feel.

    ReplyDelete